Can I Claim My Child?


I’m in a state of dilemma. About 4years ago, I had baby girl with a girl out of wedlock. Her family made me pay “kwasea buo sikan(compensation)” of GHS1600.

Our agreement was that when I’m done paying I will go for my little girl since their place is rural and not a good place for her to start education. Yesterday we (my family and I) went there to ask for my daughter, only for them to throw it to our face that the kid is too young. That they will give her to me when she is 8years and if we don’t agree we should go to court.

READ ALSO: He Threatened to Kill Me if I Leave Him

Auntie Abena, the kid in question is 4 years old and I’m afraid for the future because of the typical village she’s living in with the mother and her family. I also told them that since they couldn’t hold their side of the bargain, I can’t take care of her till she comes to live me.

This is going to affect my relations with my daughter and want your able fans to advice me. Thank you.

Want to share your story anonymously? Kindly send to

Sign up to join the newest Social Media made for Africa. Visit and be a part of the family.

Written by Abena Magis


What's On Your Mind



She Doesn’t Give Me the Tonga

She Moans Her Bestie’s Name